Stuffed Button Mushrooms with Chorizos and Cheese
These Stuffed Button Mushrooms with Chorizos and Cheese are perfect when you need a fast, superb recipe for appetizers. The finely chopped smokey Spanish chorizos, mushroom stems, cheese and seasonings fill the center of the jumbo button mushrooms. Once baked, these are even harder to resist. Serve these for a party or a family dinner. They are sure to be a hit. This AsianInAmericamag.com recipe first published on QuirkDIY.com Quirk Books). Serves 2 as an entree, up to 4 as an appetizer or side.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 package (10 oz.) jumbo button mushrooms about 10 to 12 pieces
- 1 4 oz. Spanish chorizo (casing removed) chopped
- 1 whole large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell peppers seeded, white membrane removed
- 2 Tablespoons bread crumbs regular-flavored
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Wipe button mushrooms clean with a paper towel. Hold stems firmly and pull out. This will leave the hollow portion in the middle for stuffing.
2. Chop the stems finely into small bits. Combine this with the chopped chorizos, egg, chopped bell pepper, bread crumbs and melted butter. Mix well and place stuffing inside the hollow part of the mushrooms.
3. Sprinkle grated cheese on each mushroom. Place in a pre-greased shallow baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven of 350 F degrees for 9-10 minutes. Serve piping hot.
Cook's Comments: The Spanish chorizo sausages are typically filled with spicy seasonings and have a robust, smoky, paprika-like and savory flavor. Thus, there is no need to add any more salt, pepper or other spices to the mixture. And if grilling is preferred for this recipe, just cover the aluminum pan with foil and place on top of the grill. Cook on high heat for the same amount of time.
Hello, Friends! All the images and content on this blog are COPYRIGHT PROTECTED and owned by my media company Besa-Quirino LLC. This means BY LAW you are NOT allowed to copy, scrape, lift, frame, plagiarize or use my photos and recipe content I wrote, on your website without my permission. If you want to republish this recipe or content on another website or news article, please ASK my permission, re-write it in your own words and simply link back to this blog to give proper attribution. It’s the legal thing to do. Thank you. Email me at info[email protected]
Serving: 1g | Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 283IU | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 1mg