Strawberries are getting sweeter by the day this season. So it only seemed right to bake a quick, easy coffee cake. I wanted it even more lively so I added pineapple slices to the recipe. The results were heavenly!
This was one of the easiest cakes I’ve ever baked. I had a large carton of strawberries but not much time. Yet I needed a quick dessert fix. I’ve always loved strawberries. And pineapples have always been a favorite ingredient of mine for cooking and baking.
This coffee cake was just perfect. It was easy to assemble the ingredients I had on hand. Baking time was brief. Simple, sweet and superb! It was an irresistible strawberry – pineapple coffee cake.
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour Sifted
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Power
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Butter melted
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Strawberries
- 6 Pineapple Slices
- Sift together the 1 cup flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk and egg, and melted butter. Beat this for 2 minutes.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan. Pour the cake batter. Top with sliced strawberries and pineapple.
- Prepare the crumb topping by combining ½ cup flour, ½ cup sugar. Add the butter and cut with a fork and knife till it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the cake batter and fruit. Bake at 375 F degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- *Adapted from About.com’s Strawberry Coffee Cake